Friday, September 11, 2009

Ravioli- Easy and oh so good!


So, I had the pack of ravioli from Trader Joe's. I was and still am having a lazy mood. But, being the good wife that I'm (Lol!) I HAVE to have diner ready for my Gorgeous.
Garlic Bread- Toast some bread (sourdough) when is still warm peel a clove or garlic and rub it on the bread; brush some butter (not too much) o nthe bread but please don't make it soggy. This is the best and easiest way for garlic bread.

Ravioli (Mine was a 10oz package-I choose four cheese, but the options are endless)- One of these days, I will make ravioli from scratch, not any time soon thought:) Since all I had to do was boil it, there was no rush or pressure, just boil in a pot with salted boiling water. I made a yummy creamy tomato and basil sauce for my ravioli to swim in.

Simple Creamy Tomato Sauce: (the good thing is that this sauce goes good with almost anything, chicken, shrimp (any seafood), pasta.
2-Tbsp Olive Oil
1- Tbsp butter
2- Cloves minced garlic
2 cans (14.5oz ea) of crushed tomatoes
1/2-Tsp red pepper flakes (for a nice kick!)
1- shallot or 1/4 C of sliced onions
1/2-C Heavy Cream
1/4-C Basil (chopped)
Salt & Pepper

Heat the Olive oil with the butter, add the minced garlic and et it cook for a minute on med-low heat. Add the sliced shllots/onions and cook for another minute. Add the crushed tomatoes, pepper flakes and let it cook for 10 minutes. After the 10 mins, slowly start adding the cream. Let it cook for another 10 mins and you're all done! I prefer to add the basil on top of the plate rather than cooking it with the sauce.

Place your ravioli on a plate, cover with sauce, sprinkle the freshly chopped basil on top and shred some fresh parmesan on it and dinner is served.

Oh, once again there were no left overs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers