Friday, September 11, 2009

Easy and Delicious Dinner

I try to have dinner ready a couple minutes before my husband comes home from work. After a long, hard worked day what's better than coming home to a delicious warm meal? I went to Trader Joe's earlier this week. I decided I wanted to take it easy this week but still serve my husband tasty meals. So, inspired by the Old Spaghetti Factory, I purchased a pack of Tortellini and a pack of Ravioli (four cheese).

Wednesday- I cooked a creamy, yummy Alfredo sauce for the tortellini. But, it wasn't going to completely satisfy my dear hubby. So, I thawed, peeled and deveiened some shrimp. I minced some garlic, added butter and mixed it with the shrimp and let it marinate for a few minutes. I sauted the shrimp. I mixed the tortellini with the Alfredo sauce, placed the sauted shrimp on top and sprinkled with a bit of basil (we LOVE basil). I then shredded some fresh parmesan cheese on it. I also toasted some sourdough bread and once it was nice and toasty I rubbed a clove of fresh garlic on it and brush it with a bit of butter. It was delicious. My Gorgeous (hubby) walked in the door right when I was putting the platter with the bread on the table. It was so, so good. There were no leftovers!

Remeber what I told you about being inpatient? Couldn't wait to eat so I didn't take pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers